We had a wonderful first week back at school learning all about the wonders of winter. We read many stories about winter and had numerous partner chats about winter. Our room is beginning to be beautifully decorated with snowflakes, snowmen and other art that students created all to do with the theme of winter. Come and have a look at our winter wonderland if you haven’t done so already! Make sure to have a look at the bulletin board by the office as it’s covered with Kindergarten Winter art!
A Garden of Learning
- Students learned about winter this past week. We read various winter stories including “Snowmen at Night”. We used our imaginations as we thought about what snowmen might do at night while we are sleeping. This was our inspiration for our artwork on display by the office.
- We had lots of fun participating in a winter sport – ice-skating! We look forward to our next ice-skating experience on January 30th with the K2 class.
- Students have enjoyed creating their own snowman at “Discovery Table”. I enjoy watching the students use their imaginations!
- Please help your child to memorize their phone number. During Term 1, I had the class find their spot with their names. I will start having the class find their spot with their phone number so they will need to know theirs. If you would like your child to memorize your cell phone number, please e-mail me so that I write the correct phone number on their card. Thank you to those who have already emailed me with the cell # you want your child to memorize.
- In Math, we will be focusing on numbers 0-20 as well as beginning measurement. We used our snowman names to see who had the tallest and who had the shortest snowman. The class did such a great job of creating their snowman!
- Our Bible lessons will begin with the life of Isaac, Rebekah and Jacob and follow with Joseph. Please check the blog for our new memory verse.
- We enjoyed wearing our PJ’s to school this past Friday and reading books in our Family Groups!
- Please remember to return any home-reading booklets that you borrow from our classroom. Thank you.
- Please remember to help your child memorize their phone number. We will start finding our places with phone numbers beginning on January 22nd.
- Scholastic orders for January are due on Monday.
- Please continually pray for students’ friendships and social connections. This is such a huge year for social development. Pray that students will have teachable and willing spirits to learn about each other and how to care for one another.
- Pray for continued health in our classroom.