Sources for the Inquiry Project Science Topics. Use these to get started with your research if you’re not sure where to begin!
- Infographic: COVID compared to flu symptoms
- Article: BC Center for Disease Control
- Article: Is it COVID or something else (NPR)
- Article: Health link BC Symptoms
- Video: Mayo Clinic Symptoms Update
- Website: Mayo Clinic COVID Treatments
- Article: Harvard Health Treatments- What helps and what doesn’t
- Video: How Doctors are Treating COVID-19
- Article: Where we’re at with Treatments (Healthline)
- Article: What we know about Drug options (Scientific American)
What is a Virus and How does it spread?
- Video: What is a Virus?
- Article: How it spreads
- Article: What to know about Viruses
- Article: How does COVID-19 Spread?
- Article: You may be able to spread COVD-19 by breathing
- Video: The Coronavirus Explained
Preventing Virus Spread
- Website: BCDC How to Prevent COVID Spread
- Article: How the virus can spread without symptoms
- Video: How does soap work?
- Website: BCDC What to do if you’re sick
- Gov of Canada Resource: Physical Distancing
- Article: How to Prevent the spread of COVID (Harvard Health)
- Article: COVID spread and air travel
- Video: How do Vaccines Work (TedEd)
- Video: Vaccinations Explained
- Article: WHO update on Vaccination Progress
- Article: COVID Vaccine Planning Stages
- Video: The Coronavirus Vaccine Explained
- Article: When will we have a Vaccination?
- Video: The Race for a COVID-19 Vaccine, explained
- Article: Challenges with creating a COVID Vaccine
Environmental Impact of COVID-19
- Video: Positive Environmental Impacts of COVID-19
- Article: Pandemic’s side effects on the Environment
- Video: Has Coronavirus helped the environment?
- Article: How can we be sustainable post-COVID?
- Article: Airborne Nitrogen Dioxide decreases over Italy (NASA)
- Article: From Air Pollution to Wildlife Sightings (Canadian Geographic)
- Article: Alternate Side of the argument (we can’t slow climate change)
Comparing COVID to the bubonic Plague
- What is the Plague?
- Mayo Clinic- The Bubonic Plague
- The History of the Black Death
- Bubonic Plague Transmission (how it spreads)
- Yes the Bubonic Plague is still around, Why you don’t need to worry
- Bubonic Plague Treatment
- Bubonic Plague Vaccination