Sources for the Inquiry Project Socials Topics. Use these to get started if you’re not sure where to look for resources!
- Article: 5 Things to know about B.C. School Closures
- Article: COVID’s Staggering Impact on Global Education
- Website: UNESCO Global Education Coalition on School Closures
- Article: Harmful consequences of school closures
- Article: How the Pandemic could reshape Education
- Article: Disparities in Education Emerging (UN news)
- Website: Education Cannot Wait Organization
- Website: Restaurants Canada Report of Impact
- Infographic: Hardest Hit Companies of the COVID Downturn
- Article: Industries Hardest hit by COVID-19
- Article: Impact of COVID on Canada’s Economy Sectors
- 5 Charts showing global economic impact of Coronavirus
- Article: How China’s Economy offers a glimpse of the Future
- Article: 7 Potential Lingering impacts
- Article: How Canadian Religious groups are adapting
- Website: Religion and the COVID Virus Gallup Poll Summary
- Article: How are Religious groups responding?
- Video: Multiple Faiths change worship practices
- Article: Churches may not be back to normal by the end of the year
- Website: The Village Church Coronavirus update
- Website: The Church of England COVID Guide
Communities and Families
- Article: COVID’s impact on Canadian Indigenous Communities
- Article: COVID-19 Impact on Indigenous Peoples
- UN Article: Who is impacted most?
- Article: Who is supporting Communities of colour in the pandemic?
- Article: Which Communities will be hit harder? (NPR)
- Article: Why Communities need to act fast to protect the homeless
- Article: Homelessness during the pandemic
- Article: Impact of COVID on Families
- Article: Snapshot of COVID Crisis impact on working families
- Article: Rising US-China Tensions
- Article: US-China Political Face off a concern for investors
- Article: Canada-US Border Closed
- Article: Canada Closes its borders over coronavirus
- Article: When will you be able to travel to Europe?
- Article: Virus risks political and social unrest globally
- Article: Coronavirus could reshape global order
Compare Two different Provinces
- Article: Why BC is Flattening their curve
- Article: How BC is bending their curve
- Article: This is flattening our Curve: BC Health Officials are encouraged
- Article: Why BC is seeing the highest COVID-19 recovery rate in Canada
- Article: Early Testing helped BC Fight Coronavirus
Compare Two Different Countries
- Article: What did Canada and the US do differently?
- Article: One Continent, Two responses
- Article: 3 Reasons the death rate is higher in the US than Canada
- Article: What’s happening in Canada and around the world
- Article: What can Canada learn from Hong Kong’s approach?
- Article: A look at Sweden’s Approach
- Article: What life is like in Sweden during the Pandemic
- Article: Why are international comparisons so difficult?
Impact of the bubonic Plague
- Effects of the Black Death on Europe
- Khan Academy on The Bubonic Plague
- The Black Death: Lasting Impacts
- Black Death: Turning point and end of the Middle Ages?