Bible: We are learning about God’s wonderful creations. We discussed about how we are different and unique. Even though we look different and come from a different family, God loves us the same. We are learning two worship songs about Creation. One is “God Made me”, and the other is “God is Powerful”. We also created our own pictures using manipulative. They are wonderfully made by our little ones.
Chapel: We had an outdoor chapel that Mr. Paul and Mr. P were riding a zip-line to soar! We have learned that God is always with us, and if we are on His solid ground, we will not fall.
- Literacy goals for the month of September include being able to recognize, read and print their own name. Students are practicing capital letters and sounds. Students are discovering that speaking & listening are skills we need to practice and grow so that we can learn. We read a book called “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom” and created our own coconut tree.
- Last week, we started a phonological awareness (the broad skill of identifying and manipulating units of spoken language) routine called “English Exercises” to build up our literacy muscles. This activity is a large group activity in a call and answer style format led by the teacher. During the Kindergarten Literacy night next month (October 24th 7PM), you will get to try it out for yourself!
- Math goals for the month of September include identifying basic shapes, exploring how shapes are used in our world, and using shapes as a vehicle to create.
Social/ Emotional: Last week, we read two books – “Good Good Father” and “Fox and Squirrel – Help Out”. We talked about why God created us with two hands, and how we should use them wisely to show love and care to each other. Please continue to chat with them at home about how we use appropriate words and actions towards others. We created a “Helping Hand” bulletin board. Please come and check out what your child wants to do with their helping hands. I appreciate their creativity.
Library is every Thursday! Please equip your child with a sturdy, large library bag, clearly labelled with his/her name. Starting next Thursday (Sept. 26), your child is allowed to borrow books from the library.
Our first field trip is booked for October 21 (Monday). Look for a consent form notification next week. This consent form must be approved via my school management.
Family Groups: We will have our first Family Groups on Friday, September 27th. Family Group activities several times a year to build community between the grades. Your child will be going with 1 or 2 other students in our class to another classroom to form a Family Group with other K-grade 5 students. This Friday will be an introduction activity where we get to know the other students. Students come to our classroom in the morning as usual, when the bell rings we begin with Family Groups right away. A grade 5 student will come to our classroom to pick up the Kindies. After the activity, we will meet back in K1 classroom where the kindies return to me. Please chat with your child about this so they know what to expect.
Headphones: Please bring in the money and form for the headphones if you have not done so.
- For students to continue transitioning to full days. Pray that students will have easy and excellent rest in order to regulate his/her feelings and responses throughout a busy day.
- For good health and wellbeing as cold & flu viruses are upon us!