Reading Buddies: We are so excited to have Grade 4 students come to our class twice a month this term! It has been a great opportunity for our kindies to interact with their older buddies in our school and build up a sense of community. Last week, our buddies did an interview with us, and read us stories.
- We have been focussing on writing our names with an uppercase letter for the first letter and lowercase for the rest. Take some time to encourage your child to use the right sized letters for their name! I will be encouraging them to do this each time we have to write our name in class. My hope is that students learn to form letters the right way which will help them write faster and more fluently.
- We have started our new reading booklet called “Colour Monsters”.
- We understand that shapes are all around us. We learned about the shapes by their names and forms.
- We focused on one shape each day and coloured that shape on our pictures.
- We went for a Shape Hunt.
- We collaboratively created Shape Posters.
Bible: We’re learning about Creation during bible time. Students are hearing about the order of creation, and how God intended his work to be good.
- We will begin to explore how feelings impact our thinking and behaviour. Using a set of stories called “The Incredible, Flexible You”, students see how they can be a positive impact when learning together in a group.
Rest blankets: Your child bring home the blanket today. Please wash it and bring it back on Monday. Thank you!
First field trip: permission forms were sent to my school management last week. Please review the form carefully and provide the appropriate consent in order for your child to participate. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
October Good and Faithful Helper Theme: pumpkins, fall, numbers, patterns, Noah. When it is your child’s turn to be the Special Friend, help them pick something to do with any of the themes to share. Ideas might include: squashes, pumpkins, pine cones, something striped or dotted, animals, etc. If it is too difficult, then they may bring something they made.
- For good health and wellbeing so that we can all be ready to learn.
- For relationships with peers and teachers to continue establishing in a strong and secure manner