Monday feels like a long time ago! We spent most of the morning outside exploring the fresh fallen snow. The students loved making angels, but realized it wasn’t the right snow for building with.
Below are a couple of pictures from Exploration Time this week.
Thank you to Kristen’s family for coming to share with us this week. We learned that Kristen’s dad Eliot is an accountant. Her mom Jacky is a forensic analyst. Kristen also has a little brother Nathen who enjoys noisy reading in the morning with us and going to preschool at RCS. As a family, they enjoy playing in the snow during the winter and picking berries to bake with in the summer. At home, they enjoy reading and making crafts. Kristen and her brother Nathen enjoy having sleepovers together on the weekends. Their family attends Koinonia Evangelical Church where Eliot helps with parking and Jackie teaches Sunday school.
100 Days: On Wednesday, February 20th, we will be celebrating 100 days at school! Please help your child choose 100 SMALL items to bring that day for math activities. We will be counting and sorting these items to show 100 in different ways. These 100 small items should fit easily into a sandwich size ziploc bag. Example items could be beads, cheerios, pasta, buttons, etc.
Signup for student-led conferences are now open. If you haven’t signed up yet, please CLICK HERE to sign up. Signup closes on Wednesday. Student demonstration of the core competencies will be a big part of conferences this year! The kids are so excited to teach you all about them. At the end of the conference, you as parents will get to fill out a reflection page about how you saw your child demonstrating the core competencies through your time together or their work. I will list a couple of them so that you can be thinking and get comfortable with the language.
- I can get ideas from the world around me.
- I can explain my thinking.
- I can work with others.
- I can listen to others.
Notes and Reminders
- I will be putting in the scholastic order on Tuesday after school. If you would like to order books, please hand in the form or order online by then.
- There is no school on Monday! Enjoy your day together as a family.
- Many students had to change their pants or socks this week after playing in the snow. Please send a replacement change of clothes if they wore those home. Thank you! As the snow lingers on the ground, it really helps if they have a pair of boots as the snow is so deep, their feet get wet if they are wearing running shoes. I have been really impressed with how each child has been able to get him/herself ready to go outside! They have become so independent!