Below are some pictures of yesterdays pink and red day!
In Language Arts, we continued to focus on story elements (characters, setting, problem, solution) during reading conferences and read alouds. The students wrote a story and were encouraged to think about a problem and solution. I am very proud of the way students are taking risks and applying new strategies in their learning!
In Inquiry, students learned about the characteristics of different habitats (Arctic, Desert, Rain-forest, Grasslands, Ocean, Freshwater, Forest), what animals live there and how the animals adapt in these habitats. We also read several books about caring for the environment by recycling, saving water and saving electricity.
In Math, students played different games to practice their addition and subtraction skills.
Information and Upcoming dates
- Monday, February 17th: Family Day (No School)
- We will be celebrating our 100th day of school on Wednesday, February 19. Students will be rotating through the different grade one classrooms that day to work on activities that are related to 100.
- Thursday, February 27th: Student-led Conferences
- If you would like to volunteer in the classroom (sorting work, organizing books etc.), I have put up a February calendar outside the classroom door to sign up on.
- February scholastic will be ordered on Friday, February 21st
- Due to the short week and field trip on Tuesday, we will not be having Library this week. Students can keep their books for an extra week if they would like!