Full days are here! It is a long and tiring day for students. Help your child have great days by equipping them with good night time sleep (10 to 12 hours), healthy meals and lots of free play time when they’re not at school. Avoid too much screen time (T.V. shows, movies, iPad/tablet games, etc.) as this stimulates the brain without giving it a chance to unwind & decompress.
- Students are continuing to work on class routines and expectations. This week, students will be introduced to a few more tools and activities such as rest time, drawing books and new manipulatives (tools that look like toys!) for our learning activities.
- Take opportunities to discuss with your child how things happen at school and why e.g. for respect we are quiet when others talk or walk in hallways, we walk around to keep everyone safe, etc.
- We wrap up the first portion of our Creation study, God made me, and will jump into the 7 days of creation. When student booklets are complete, feel free to read your child’s booklet during Noisy Reading time. The booklets are clipped on the string at the Book Nook.
- We will also begin formulating our classroom rules this week. As the rules take shape, I will post about it on the blog so that you can continually discuss and follow up with your child.
- Any lunches arriving at school after 8:30 AM should be labelled and dropped off at the lunch drop off location in the main foyer. Place it inside the box labelled K3. We begin eating lunch shortly after 12 PM. Please have your child’s lunch ready by 12 PM.
- If students do not finish their snacks or lunches, it will come home. Please take notice of what your child doesn’t eat so that s/he can have different healthy choices. Thank you.
- If you’ve not yet supplied extra clothing for your child, please do so before the week is finished. We are expecting wet weather this week and the students still play outside when it is raining. Outdoor clothing, or dry clothing to change into, is important to help your child make the best of recess time.
- There is no chapel gathering this Friday. Students will be participating in a school wide event called “Family Groups.” Family groups are groups with a lead teacher and students of mixed ages from kindergarten to grade 5. They will together participate in a group activity before returning to class.
- Pray for God’s wisdom and discernment as I am getting to know the students. Pray that He provides insight and strategies to interact with each child specifically as they are all unique and wonderful. Pray for the continual establishment of an excellent teacher-student relationship.
- Pray for the students. Full-time kindergarten is a long day for the students. Pray that they will have good energy and focus. Pray that they will learn excellent social skills because this is the foundation for their positive relationships as they mature and grow.