Thank you for your support and participation in the Christmas Concert last week. The students enjoyed performing! They were brave and sounded brilliant. Merry Christmas!
It’s the last week of school in 2018…
- Tomorrow is our field trip! The school day will begin as normal, then we will take the school bus together. Please have your child eat a filling breakfast before school. Our snack time will be a bit later (about 11AM) when we return from the field trip. Pack a light snack so that students will still be able to eat lunch.
- Please continue to model generosity and care as we wind up Gifts for the Manger. This Friday’s chapel will be the gift presentation to the organization. Donate baby items by Friday morning. Thank you!
- Students have been learning about the people surrounding the birth of Jesus including: Gabriel, Zechariah, Mary, Joseph, Shepherds, Wisemen, and even the animals! We have been considering each perspective and how people may have felt when they learned about Christ’s birth. We’re reading through a book called “What does God want for Christmas?” Also, we’ve been looking at advent symbolism: hope, peace, joy and this week – love and Christ’s coming.
- If your child has brought home soiled clothing, please replace the used items in his/her extra clothing box. Students go outside when it is wet – a hooded, waterproof jacket helps your child make the most of his/her time. Fresh air and active bodies help students focus and regulate in the classroom.
- Please send me an email if you will be away for any reason. CC the email to Mrs. Teodoro for record keeping. Thanks for your help!
- Friday is a regular school day from 8:30 to 2:45PM
- For safe travels as families are away for the holidays.
- For Christ to dwell in our hearts and in the hearts of our children during this celebratory season.