- Our Identity unit is in full swing! We started by sharing about our Winter Holiday activities with one another. Students had opportunity to explain their activity and write about it. I created a class book and during small group literacy rotations, students discussed how our activities are similar or different. We talked about how observing similarities and differences help us learn and understand more about God’s world.
- In Bible, students have been learning about Jacob and Esau. We are learning how God is in control and can use sinful people and bad circumstances for His Glory.
- Sight words for January: is, go, she, was, look
- We are going skating with the other Kindergarten classes at the beginning of February. I will send consents through my school management. Please submit your consent as soon as you can. Also, parent participation is needed for this field trip. Thank you for your willingness to be a part of your child’s learning.
- The home project for the Identity unit can be accessed by clicking the link. ALL ABOUT ME parade-rfx9ox.
This year, the project is similar to previous years with an intentional focus on an aspect of the student’s identity: what s/he wants to be when s/he grows up. The cardboard “vehicle” of past years is now a parade float and can have symbols or items representing your child’s desired adult job. I made a sample float that you can look at for idea of size and method. It’s located outside the K1 (Mrs. Wong) classroom. The due date for the float is Tuesday, February 19th. The parade is scheduled for the morning of February 26th. All floats will go home on February 27th. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions!
- Scholastic book orders are due next week. I’d like to submit the order by next Thursday for a timely January delivery. The Christmas book coupon can be used for these orders!
- Please sign up on the Calendar for parent volunteer tasks. I have things you can lend a hand with on a regular basis. Thank you!
- For health as there is illness going around that is quite lengthy.
- For students to have a deeper understanding of who they are and how they fit into God’s story.