Some of the pictures above are of the Grootendorst Nursery – a wholesale nursery where some of our students are currently receiving training for their jobs over Spring Break.
- For many of you, this will be your first work experience.
- Remember that this may be a reference for you in the future and something you list on your resumé, so you want to make a good impression
- Arrive on time – 8 am (or a bit before on your first day, so you can make sure to find it in time.
- Address: 6360 No. 7 Rd.
- I’m sure you will get some training on your first day
- Follow instructions.
- Don’t goof around. You want a good reference. Remember, you are representing Christ, the Guatemala Missions team and our school.
- If you finish a task they asked you to do, don’t just sit around waiting for more instruction.
- find a staff member, politely tell them you finished and ask what you can do next, or
- take initiative! Look for something that needs doing, and do it. Sweep, general clean up, etc.
- “In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.” – Titus 2:7-8
- I know you’ll do great!
1st week of Spring Break
2nd week of Spring Break